Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chapter 12 (Volume 2)

9 April 96- Went back to work today. Stomach felt queasy, but did not throw up. Dale and I discussed Debbie's complaint, I think he understands where we need to go on it. Also got a complaint on Miller- I will probably handle it.

10 April 96- Took boys into Greensboro with me and left them at mom's. Picked them up for an appt with Dr. Sharpless at 11:00. Took them to Taco Bell for lunch. Went down to PD all afternoon. Enjoyed visiting with people I hadn't seen in awhile. Administered Phil's evaluation at PD. I only have Ronnie's and Miller's left to do.

11 April 96- Went straight to PD. Served 2 evaluations and interviewed Miller for a complaint he had. Gary took me out to lunch at Kabuto's Steak House. Went back to SS and tried to get some stuff done. John worked late. Didn't eat much dinner- wasn't too hungry. Had major diarrhea problems from taking the Caltrate of Magnesium!

12 April 96- Worked on Miller's complaint all day. Had to take Joel to the dentist. John worked till almost 11pm. The boys helped at John's shop. Bed late.

13 April 96- Had Drill- Administered PT test. Was real tired. John worked all day- very busy. Bed at 10:30.

14 April 96- Drill. John had bunches of funeral work today. I fixed hamburgers and hot dogs when I got home. Kevin and Josh ate with us. Joel broke off crystal banister piece- John was really upset as I knew he would be. I don't know what to do with Joel- he is SO clumsy & distructive!

15 April 96- Worked on Tim's complaint. John invited me to furniture market to Garcia Imports. I ate dinner with them and had a nice visit. Bed late.

16 April 96- Went to see Dr. Magrinant today- CAT SCAN SHOWS- CANCER IS GONE!! I can't believe it- only 3 treatments! Praise God! Talked to Patsy today. Ate lunch with Gary and Martha.

17 April 96- Finished up Miller's complaint. Had lunch with Julie today.

18 April 96- Routine day. John had me run errands for him after work- we didn't eat until after 8PM- John and Joel cut the grass.

19 April 96- Had CPR all day- didn't really have any fun people in my class- so it was kind of "ho hum". Came home and was reallly tired. I was going to clean downstairs, but was just too tired!

20 April 96- Got up and cleaned house. Took Spencer to get a hair cut which took longer than I anticipated. Took all day just to clean upstairs. I made beef stew and after dinner John and Joel helped me clean the downstairs. I was SO tired- sick of cleaning all day!! John got to work in the yard some.

21 April 96- Sent kids to church. Trudy, Kevin and some of their friends from NY came over. We went to Furniture Market. We went to the usual showrooms. Didn't get home until about 6:30pm. Then we visited with them till almost 9PM!! I enjoyed the day but thought they would never leave. Did not get my ironing done!

22 April 96- My birthday (43rd)! Worked on time cards. Gary came to visit me. I also got a call from Peggy- it was good talking to her again. John called Ingrid and I talked to her for a minute. We rounded up family and John took us to "OUT WEST" in Kernersville to eat- then we went to Jimmy and Jerome's for dessert. It was a nice birthday, but I got to bed very late!

23 April 96- Had staff meeting. Mom and Dad took me out to lunch- because of staff meeting, they had to wait on me for almost an hour. Dad was very nervous and hard to talk to. Gary left me a gift- a 1 oz silver dollar- that was really nice of him. Also, yesterday, I received a card , an anonymous gift of $200 in it. I almost cried. I want to thank those responsible, but since I don't know who sent it, I will just have to thank them through the Dept Newsletter. Trudy and Kevin stopped by last night- I was SO tired and I had SO much to do, but we did visit with them till around 9PM.

24 April 96- Got a lot accomplished today. Did bi-monthly evaluations on rookies and finished up recommendations of discipline on Debbie. John is really gung-ho about buying a building with Wendy. Hope it works out for them. Got to bed at a more decent hour than last two nights.

25 April 96- Had lunch with Joan today. Found out that Phil has to have more knee surgery and will be out probably as long, if not longer than I will. At end of day, Debbie came it to talk to me- I smoothed her feathers. Then Ronnie was fussing because Dale didn't tell him that he would have to work slide again next week. I am glad I will be off tomorrow.

26 April 96- Had chemo treatment (last one)! Ann and Peggy drove me. Tried to get schedule pinned down on going to Duke- still very "iffy". My worse fear is that it will interfere with our vacation plans! Cindy called last night, but I couldn't give her any definite dates for her to come.

27 April 96- Slept late. Did not feel great, but still needed to get house cleaned. Got Joel's help. I threw up my breakfast, but dinner stayed down. I slept for a few hours in afternoon- then ironed. John and Spencer went to Kevin's house. Bed at around 11:00pm.

28 April 96- Slept till 8:00AM. I didn't go to church. John and I went to grocery store. John went to pick up Spencer at Kevin's. Bed at 11:00PM.

29 April 96- Still feeling lousy from the chemo- so I stayed home today. Joel came home sick today. Took Spencer to get YMCA medical form completed. Rested some in afternoon. Bed after 10PM.

30 April 96- Went back to work. Joel was home sick today. Went to SGT Sutton's retirement. Jim G took me out to lunch, then had RIOT Control class all afternoon. Came home and talked to Rev Staunton. Made kids hot dogs. John not feeling good- is uptight about business and problems. I feel so frustrated and so useless that I can't help him. We talked about vacation and it looks like if I can't get anything confirmed with Duke, the best thing is to cancel the vacation- I'll know more on Friday.

1 May 96- My squad was back to work today. Talked with Dale to catch up on things. Gary and Martha took me out to lunch today. Came back and completed my monthly report. Jackie B brought dinner over tonight. Bed around 10PM.

2 May 96- tied up loose ends at the office. Finished up trainee evaluations (bi-monthly).

4 May- 15 May 96- Attended National Guard Summer Camp at Ft Pickett, VA

16 May 96- Returned home from camp. House was a wreck as expected. Joel had a band concert. John was really sick. Took boys to Wendy's, then to band concert. Bed late. Got a letter from Duke about Bone Marrow dates.

No comments:

Post a Comment