Sunday, March 14, 2010

Chapter 18 (Volume 2)

September 17th- Work-staff meeting. Treatment- came home and then went to YMCA for workout, since they were doing a photo shoot in our dining room. Spencer had soccer game at 5:30- he won 6-0!! Took the boys to Taco Bell, then I went to Family Diner for lasagna- I hadn't eaten anything all day and was starving!!

September 18th- Work. Went to PD because my squad had court today. After roll-call served evaluations on Dell and Rasecke. I ran out of time to do Schenic. Went to treatment. Came home and I ran for the first time since my cancer. I had to walk periodically, it was a lot tougher than I thought it would be- but I RAN!! After dinner, I watched TV with Spencer.

September 19th- Work. Treatment. Went to mom's to try on a jacket she is making for formal. Came home and worked on STRESS lesson for church, checked over some case reports. Fixed dinner. Took Spencer to soccer practice- I worked out at YMCA.

September 20th- Work. Treatment. Ran some errands in Greensboro before I came home. Cleaned entire house. John worked late.

September 21st- Got up. Ate breakfast. Went to give dog a bath, but Maxwell escaped when Spencer left cage unlatched. Joel retrieved Maxwell. Went to Spencer's soccer game- they won 5 to 0. Went to grocery store- did some cooking. John left to go to Charlotte for Southern Retail. Went for a walk. Did some work from the office.

September 22nd- Got up at 7:30 and ran/walked. Put on a roast. Went to SS and church. Had Homecoming and dinner at the church. Took kids to YMCA, I worked out, Spencer swam, and Joel and Jason worked out. Then took Spencer to Toys R Us in Greensboro to look for birthday presents. Came home and worked on evaluation. John got home around 5pm. Went to bed around 9:45pm.

September 23rd- Work. Treatment. Computer repair- man came, turned out to be bad mother board. Joel had scouts. I went to Stress Class at church. John is working on financing for rennovations. Bed around 11:00.

September 24th- Work. Treatment. Had to pick up something for John, go to mom's, and return to work to finish a survey. After finishing the survey, I had to drive it down to Yanceyville St. Came home and went to YMCA to work out. Ate- then took Spencer to 6:30 soccer game (they tied 3-3). Bed about 9:30pm.

September 25th- Work. Treatment. Picked up jacket from mom's house. Went to grocery. Was really tired and stressed about Lynch's complaint. I should be doing complaint, but Dale is working on it. I feel guilty, but with having evaluations to do- I did not volunteer. If this complaint is sustained, Debbie could be terminated. She will be the death of me yet! John's loan was approved.

September 26th- Work. Had to go to PD at 9:00am for a United Way Meeting. Treatment. Came home & rested. Got up and went to YMCA to work out. John & I dressed in our formal attire and attended the Sue Hunter Dinner at the Women's Club. Was real nice- got home at 10:00pm.

September 27th- Work- worked on evaluations. Treatment. Came home and mowed grass, then cleaned upstairs and downstairs. Was REALLY exhausted so I rested a little bit. Took Spencer to get video. Ironed and went to bed at 9:30pm.

September 28th- Got up around 5:30am. Went to church to help SS class with Pancake Breakfast. We didn't get many customers. Took Spencer to his soccer game, they won 3 to 0. Went to "Everybody's Day"!! I stayed about an hour or so then came home and cleaned upstairs. Bought a joker hat for Spencer. Wendy invited us over for hot dogs. Bed at 11:00pm.

September 29th- Got up around 7am. Church and SS. Came home. Ate. Then John went to do a wedding and funeral work. I cooked dinner for next night and made cookies- did laundry. Around 4pm, I took Spencer and Joshua to YMCA with me. They played on playground while I worked out. Bed around 10pm.

September 30th- Last day of radiation treatment!! Yea!! Went to Friendly Shopping Center to Hecht's to get a strapless bra, had gynocology appt with Dr. Lomax. Came home. Went for fast walk. Dinner. Went to Stress Class at church.

October 1st- Worked full day- wasn't bad, because I was busy all day. Came home and fixed dinner, then went to gym to work out. Helped Spencer with homework. Paid bills!!

October 2nd- Worked till 3pm. Came home- helped Spencer with homework. Went to first Wednesday night dinner/bible study- had a real good turn out. Came home and helped Spencer with homework.

october 3rd- Work. CPT Hundley took me out to lunch then we drove over to LT Lunsford's house- he is recovering from knee surgery. He was in a lot of pain. Came home, took Spencer to practice. Went to YMCA to work out. Came home and helped Spencer with homework. Bed late.

October 4th- Worked. Came home- Spencer was asleep- I laid down, but was too anxious to sleep, although I was very tired. got up and started cleaning. Joel went to football game and Spencer got invited to spend the night with Cody. John and I went to Family Diner for supper. Came home and cleaned house- John worked on Brayton wedding.

October 5th- Got up and got busy. Cindy came by at 8:45 and she went to see Spencer's soccer game. I washed car/ran errands/ironed and packed. Left for Linville Ridge about 1:00pm. Went to help John with Brayton Wedding. On way up to Linville, I stopped and got keys to rooms at Smoketree. Kevin, Albert and wife were also up there. About 7pm, we all went to Boone to eat (except John). He finished up around 10:30 or so.

October 6th- John got up and off at about 7:30am.. Albert's wife and I got up to club around 10:45am. Drove to church in Blowing Rock to take wedding flowers and set up. I got separated and showed up at church later. I went back to church at around 3:30pm and stayed till after pictures were taken, then brought candelabras back. John and I changed clothes and went to the Wedding reception. It was a sit down dinner at Club- very nice!! Didn't leave till around 9:30pm. I drove all the way home and John slept. Was really dog tired. Bed after midnight.

October 7th- Work. Was very tired all day- really dragging. Came home & fixed dinner. John and I went to grocery store. Bed around 9:45. Exhausted!

October 8th- Work. Had PFT test at Cone. Came home and took Spencer to his soccer game (his team won). Fixed dinner for Spencer then went and worked out at YMCA. Joel was sick. Did laundry. John had appointment in Greensboro, didn't get home till after midnight.

October 9th- Got up around 6:30am- woke everybody up. Took Spencer to school. Ran & exercised. Went to library and ran other errands. Went to work about 1320. Had to give United Way presentation to D Squad. Got to bed around 11pm.

October 10th- Worked. Went to communications and to PD. Got my eval.- didn't get above stand. this time. Hope that won't effect my overall eval. After work went to Appalachian Outfitters. Looked at trail books and maps, but didn't end up buying anything. Came home, fixed dinner- went to YMCA to work out after dinner. Bed 10:40pm.

October 11th- Work. Lt. Hastings took me to lunch, then we drove out to Belew's Lakes testing new walkie. Helped Jerry- typed services complaints. Invited Cody to spend nite with Spencer.

October 12th- Got up and ran. Took Cody and Spencer to soccer game. They won. Came home and cleaned the upstairs. Took a flower delivery to Greensboro. Came back- John and I went to get something to eat, then we picked up Spencer. Bed around 11:00.

October 13th- Got up. Church. John's mother, Uncle Woodrow and Aunt June came to visit. We went to Women's Club to eat. Came back and visited a little while. Cleaned up kitchen, helped Joel and Spencer strip out their beds. Took Maxwell for a long walk. Angela B and boyfriend stopped by. John rented "Halloween 5" to watch.

October 14th- Went in from 0700-2115 to do United Way to 4 line-ups. In between time, I went to PD and went to look at a couple of stores and went out to eat. Got home at 10pm- everybody was asleep.

October 15th- Took Spencer to school. Ran/walked. Went to dr appointment (Magrinant). He signed a slip for me to go back to full duty! Came home, ran errands. Took car in to get alignment- turned out that right front tire is separating- so got another used tire. Went to Spencer's last soccer game (they lost) and then the team went to Mr Gaddy's Pizza. Got to bed around 9:15.

October 16th- Big day, I returned to full duty today. The vest and gun belt felt SO heavy!! I promptly lost one set of car keys and had to have 2 keys made. Was busy- had to do some remedial training on my MDT. It felt strange being in a patrol car after such a long period of time! Gary was watch commander.


Once again the Lord hath delivered me from the nightmare of cancer. I am SO grateful knowing that God is not finished with me yet. It has been a long summer, but I have been comforted by so many people. Many prayers have helped sustain and heal me. I just thank God for taking care of me. This whole ordeal has brought me closer to my family and helped establish priorities in my life. Being at home all summer was really good for the kids and it made me realize how much I had been gone. Hopefully I have learned not to sweat the little stuff. I just pray that God will be with me at work and carry me through all the stresses that I am faced with there.

This illness has tested my faith and made me stronger- I just hope I will remember the lessons I learned. I hope that in the future I can comfort others suffering from serious illnesses as I have been comforted. I thank God that He still has a mission for me on earth and just pray that He revelas it to me.

One can never appreciate good health until they go through this kind of ordeal. I have learned not to take good health for granted.

I look forward to the future with renewed enthusiasm, knowing that God is with me and will lead me according to His will!

No comments:

Post a Comment